Managing Director, B. Braun Medical Ltd
Country Chief Financial Officer - Ireland
Paul joined B. Braun Medical Ltd, Dublin in 1991 as Financial Controller. He was appointed Managing Director in 1994. Since 1997 he has been a Finance Director of B. Braun Hospicare Ltd. He is responsible for Finance and Central Services. Over his 30 years in B. Braun Ireland he has been involved in the operational and strategic development of the businesses in Ireland. During 2017 he was appointed Country Chief Financial Officer for Ireland and is Company Secretary for all B. Braun subsidiaries in Ireland.
Paul is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and holds an MBA from Dublin City University.
Managing Director, B. Braun Avitum Ireland Limited
Director, B. Braun Medical Limited
After graduating with a Bachelor of Business degree from DCU, Liam joined B. Braun in 1997. Subsequently, he attained an MSc in Strategic Management (2004) and Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership and Coaching (2007). Initially he worked across a number of roles within the Hospital Care Division in Ireland, before joining the Global Marketing and Sales team at the B. Braun headquarters in Melsungen, Germany in 2008.
Liam was Head of Market Management for Intravenous Fluid Management and Vice President of Marketing for the Critical Care pharmaceutical business. Returning to Ireland in 2011 and he was responsible for International Sales Management in West Europe and North America for Critical Care. In 2014, he was chosen as Regional Head for Western Europe for B. Braun's Renal Care businesses (Avitum products and Renal Care Centres) and Divisional manager for Avitums domestic business. As of January 2019, Liam has been appointed Managing Director of B. Braun Avitum Ireland Limited and Director of B. Braun Medical Limited.
Head of Ambulatory, B. Braun Avitum Ireland Limited
Fiona qualified as a Renal Nurse in 1998, working across many clinical areas from Pre Dialysis, Acute / Chronic Renal Failure, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation to Intensive Care. In 2005 she moved to a role as Clinical Nurse Advisor, where she delivered educational sessions to nursing, medical and ancillary staff involved in using Renal Replacement Therapies and was a guest lecturer on several post graduate courses.
Fiona joined B. Braun in 2008 as Clinical Sales Specialist launching the Renal Product business into the Irish market. Following the growth of the Renal division she became Business Unit Manager in 2012 ensuring Sharing Expertise was at the core of the Renal Team in delivering true excellence to customers.
A completed Executive MBA in 2016 broadened her skill set by providing exposure to other aspects of business. In 2019, Fiona has been appointed Commercial Manager for B. Braun Avitum Ireland Limited. Followed by Fiona’s appointment to Head of Ambulatory Care within B. Braun Ireland in 2021.
Head of Hospital Channel, Out-Patients Market Division
In 1998, after graduating with a Bachelor of Business degree from Dublin Business School, Susan was successfully appointed onto the Johnson & Johnson Medical graduate programme. Susan held various sales specialist roles within Johnson & Johnson Medical across a number of surgical fields, before becoming Regional Business Manager in 2006 for the Ethicon & Ethicon Endo Surgical Business in Ireland. In 2011 she was appointed Business Manager for the Advanced Sterilization Business for the UK & Ireland and the Nordic region.
With over 18 years’ experience in the Healthcare Sector, including the HSE, NHS and the four Nordic healthcare providers. Susan joined B. Braun in 2016 as Business Unit Manager for the Out Patients Market Division and in 2018 was appointed Commercial Manager for the same division. Susan was appointed Head of Hospital Channel within B. Braun Ireland in 2021.
Aesculap Commercial Manager
After graduating from Berufsakademie in Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany in 1987 with a degree in Business Studies. Uwe held several positions in Sales & Marketing at Aesculap headquarters in Tuttlingen, Germany. In 1997 he joined B. Braun Medical Ltd., Dublin. He has a 30 year track record in the Sales & Marketing department of Aesculap products and now holds the position of Aesculap Division Manager.
- 1980: The Board of B. Braun Melsungen decided to set up a 100% owned daughter company, B. Braun Medical Ltd., with its head office located in Dublin.
- 1984: With the acquisition of Laboratoires Bruneau, France, B. Braun Hospicare was established, where production and developing of woundcare products for Group continue.
- 1988: B. Braun started manufacturing the Total Parenteral Nutrition for Irish patients.
- 1993: The company relocates to our present facilities at 3 Naas Road Industrial Park. The new premises consists of 11,000 sq.ft., of warehouse and 12,000 sq. ft. office space.
- 2008: B. Braun Medical entered into a joint-venture with PEI Surgical to supply high quality products for Renal Dialysis Therapy and treatment of haemodialysis patients. The new partnership begun a new era of B. Braun Avitum resulting in the opening of Wellstone Clinic Galway. B. Braun Medical and B. Braun Hospicare collaborated to set up B. Braun CAPS, located in Longford. CAPS Ireland joined a network of 26 leading compounding pharmacies operating across the United States and Europe. CAPS is producing adult TPN products for the Irish market.
- 2013: Braun purchase remaining shares from PEI Surgical for B. Braun Avitum and B. Braun Wellstone clinics with the focus to grow the business within the B. Braun Group Ireland.
- 2016: B. Braun OPM division which was managed by B. Braun UK for the last 20 years was transferred into B. Braun Medical Ltd Ireland to facilitate the growing need of looking after the patient both in the acute hospital and community area.
- 2018: B. Braun Avitum Ireland officially open Ireland’s first ever purpose built dialysis clinic Wellstone Wexford, in Drinagh, Co. Wexford. The facility is 757 sq. m with the capacity to treat up to 60 patients a week. It boasts 12 treatment bays, three isolation rooms and a self-care area for up to three patients. Currently there are 16 staff with the potential for future growth.
- 2019 – Opened a purpose-built satellite Renal Care Centre in Portlaoise (Dialysis Clinic – Wellstone, with the capacity for 60 patients a week.)
- 2020 – 40 Years in Ireland
- 2021 – Appointment of the two channel heads, Fiona Duggan of Head Ambulatory Care Channel and Susan O’Connor, Head of Hospital Channel